Thursday, December 16, 2010

Delta Expedition



After whirl wind couple of months, of losing a job, starting my own business, and building out a retail store, I decided to take a break from all the stress and do an expedition that had been years in the making. Ever since I started kayaking 4 or 5 years ago I have always been drawn to the California Delta. There was something about the vastness of the waterways that drew me to it. I was always asking myself "Whats around the next corner?" or "I wonder what that island would be like at high tide?" From my first time paddling the Delta I knew that I wanted to do a multi day trip. There are just so many places you can't access in one day. So when a fellow club paddler came to me with the idea of doing a multi day expedition in the Delta I jumped all over it. Originally we had the goal in mind of paddling from Stockton to the Golden Gate, however as the trip grew nearer and the group got larger we decided to scale back and do something a little bit lower key. Five days in the Delta, four campsites, and as many cool islands and ship wrecks that we could find. We were not disappointed. I think we would all look back in retrospect and say that the trip was more than we expected. The weather was perfect, the fall colors all around seemed to jump off a misty gray background, the symphony or migrating birds singing their songs, and some of my best paddling buddies along side. Nothing will do the magic of this trip justice, but I will let the pictures try. If you would like to hear the full story about our trip and see all the wonderful pictures, be sure to come to the slide show presentation I will be doing for EX Penguin Paddlers Club on January 4th at 6:30 at Players Sports Pub & Gril 4060 Sunrise Ave. FairOaks CA

If you think you might be interested in doing a similar trip we are taking sign up for a 3 day adventure in March. For more information email me at Headwaterskayak@gmail.com

Dan Arbuckle



Add Image



Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment